Sunday 1 July, 2007

MUMBAI MATINEE-BHEJA FRY PART 2



Now that the dude has lost the IT professional tag and gained the b-school student tag(*as if i have been conferred with a post doctrate after being a grade 1 researcher..phew these days i indeed keep imagining things in extravagant ways*), its time to pack bags and leave chennai. Chennai has been my pally right from my childhood days and the strong idly sambhar flavour distintive of chennai is my basic mantra and cosmic energy for my bodily functions. Leaving chennai and friends for a good 2 years meant dramatic scenes at the airport and emotions running high like in the daily soap flicks. But alas that was not to happen; 2 groups landed up one after another for my farewell...err or rather should i say to check if this dude (*eeeps dude... i used this word for the betterment of my family audience..in reality they were much more provocative....na na much more decent*) It looked like a goat sacrifice procession and and my friends clicking my photos..hmmm may be for the RIP slab on my grave.. ha ha ha,, kidding... the scene was much akin to that...the people around me thought that i was going for some arctic expedition or something... that was the build up given by my compassionate friends (*!@@#$ used in lieu for lack of better words*). But thankfully the second group was much more decent and well behaved (*this is just a figurative speech.. though these three are also equally well known for their traditional leg pulling*)






left to right: Kulla vivek(*he is as tall as me when i was in fifth standard*) , me (*no comments*), vetti guru (*though professionally he is a TL in a bank BPO still considered the vetti for being the oldest one to hang around with young guys like us*) and Scene hari (*do i have to eloborate on this? in short fizzy*)
these 3 again part of my close network of dear pallies... and infact they cried their heart out when i left them to check-in(*sheesh am i going over board with fiction*)
Well after recieving the farewell and electric send off.. it was time to board the flight and say buy buy to chennai. Was feeling bad inside for having to leave chennai... but i needed a motivation to keep myself charged for rest of my journey to the MAXIMUM CITY. just then i checked my boarding pass and a flash bulb lit in the Hypothalamus portion of the brain(*jus a try to show off that i too studied biology once upon a time... pardon me :)*) well to put things in right perspective.. let me tell you that the thought of being served well by the air hostess was the motivation i was talkin about. With high hopes i boarded the flight just to find out a woman saying "Beta welcome aboard the flight to mumbai.. happy journey". there went the motivation out of the window -45 year old air hostess is heights of dissapointment.. and i slept tight for the next 1-45 min (*Indian .. best experience... this is what apparently the ticket brochure says.... damn.. mera IA mahaan..!@#!@ *)
After a eventful journey (*did i say eventful... heights of creativity!!!*) i reached the city of dashing bollywood. After taking my baggage i left for my apartment in vile parle juhu...


we live in a place called homo villa... oops sorry hemu villa (*in reality this villa has a high influx of guys... imagine 39 guys inclusive of all the floors and no sign of fairer sex population*)
finally i reached my apartment and this was the begining for my 2 years of hostel life as management student.
the transition is evident...............
slow aamchi mumbai flavour hitting my senses...........

11 comments:

Sri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sri said...

Ada paavi....nanga feel panadhu unaku mega serial madhiri eruka???? Jokes apart...great piece of writing...Practical emotions expressed perfectly. Btw Indian airlines la unaku enna nicole kidman a airhostessa varuva...idellam konjam overu. Ne ways i m glad IA disappointed u. :) Thank u IA. Keep employing "rotten" Figures.

Archana Raghuram said...

Hi Srinath,
Good to meet you here. CH1B is missing you. I hope you are doing fine.

Anonymous said...

Sri: hmmm rotten figures!!! whoa.... i think the IA is keen on spreading the motherly affection message... and u chose the word rotten to describe them.... i could not imagine u stooping to such low level... che che che... so bad... he he he he (*wink wink*)

Archana: i am more than elated to hear that i was noticed in ch1 blogs.... yaeh me too missing the ch1 blog flavours

krithika said...

good post da srinath....

Jayded said...

Yeah bastard...dont mention anything in your blog about your GOD GIVEN flatmate...(ME)....

:P:P:P

Hehehe...nice look and feel machi... teach me how to make me blog look nice...

Anonymous said...

hey danks krithika...
jayded:yeah bitch.. u get the acknowledgement too.... salutations...and along with this u get b day bums too... after all we are bum chums.. whatsay???

Divimani said...

Hey good narration.you have mentioned idly sambhar,right.I guess its rotis all time which made u miss even chennai's idli sambhar.

Anonymous said...

Hope you are now settled in Mumbai. Do add RSS feeds to your blog. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

divya: yeah true.. missing the idly sambhar
shyam: what is the rss feed used for.. can u jus explain please

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!